[Maths-Education] Chartered Teacher Status

Keith Jones D.K.Jones at soton.ac.uk
Mon Nov 22 18:32:25 GMT 2004

Colleagues in the UK

You may be aware of the "Chartered London Teacher" (CLT) scheme (designed to
"recognise and reward the skills and expertise of London teachers"),
launched in September 2004:
http://www.clt.ac.uk

I have just heard that the Association for Science Education (ASE) has just
received Royal Charter status and will be awarding "Chartered Science
Teacher" status through the Science Council - ie as equivalent to Chartered
Chemist, Chartered Scientist, etc - according to my source, giving it "real
credibility and status".

Maybe "Chartered Mathematics Teacher" is next?

Keith
-------
Keith Jones
University of Southampton