[Maths-Education] Associate Professorship in Mathematics Education in Norway

Barbara Jaworski maths-education@nottingham.ac.uk
Wed, 04 Feb 2004 20:10:35 +0000

Dear Colleagues,
This message is to inform you that we are advertising a teaching and=20
research post in our doctoral and research programmes at Agder University=20
College in Norway.

The post will be for 3.5 years in the first instance from August 2004.
We are advertising it at Associate Professor level or at Postdoctoral=20
level, and will make an appointment related appropriately to the experience=
=20
of applicants.

We have recently attracted ~1.5 million Norwegian Kroner  for  research=20
which explores relationships between university educators (didacticians)=20
and teachers of mathematics in schools at all levels to introduce and study=
=20
innovative activity in classrooms to promote mathematics learning.  We are=
=20
seeking to develop communities of inquiry between teachers and ourselves=20
for the design, implementation and study of mathematical activity in=20
classrooms.

Funded, associated research programmes are looking at home school links,=20
ICT and the use of powerful technology for communication.

The post will involve up to 25% teaching in our doctoral or masters=20
programmes in mathematics education and a research commitment of around 75%.

Further details are available for people who are interested.

Please get in touch with me if you are interested and would like further=20
information, or contact my colleague Trygve Breiteig on=
 trygve.breiteig@hia.no

Information on our doctoral programmecan be found at:=20

http://www.hia.no/realfag/matinst/doktorgrad/english/courses.php3

Barbara Jaworski

Professor Barbara Jaworski
H=F8gskolen i Agder (Agder University College)
Institutt for Matematiske Fag
Serviceboks 422
4604 Kristiansand
Norway