[Maths-Education] 14-19 inquiry

Anne Watson maths-education@nottingham.ac.uk
Thu, 08 May 2003 16:29:01 +0100

One for UK people only I'm afraid.

I am working on the pedagogy strand of the 14-19 inquiry.  So far the
submissions have not been very informative about pedagogy, and those which
do address questions of pedagogy in an informed way are mainly from
university mathematicians or HE organisations with ideas of how things
should be for those who might progress to university to do mathematics as a
main or service subject.  Nothing wrong with that, of course, but it would
be good to have some submissions about pedagogy 14-19 for the remaining
majority.  I am therefore asking for more considered contributions about
the questions on pedagogy, which can be found on the Inquiry website:
www.mathsinquiry.org.uk

If you have already made a submission and do not wish to add anything,
there is no need to send me anything.  I am after what ELSE can be said,
particularly about pedagogy, teaching styles, lessons which can be learnt
from the Strategy, engaging adolescents and so on.

DO NOT PRESS RETURN but contact me directly.

Thanks

Anne

Dr Anne Watson
Tutor for Admissions and Fellow of Linacre College
Lecturer in Mathematics Education,
Department of Educational Studies,
University of Oxford
15 Norham Gardens