[Maths-Education] Remember CAN?

John Monaghan maths-education@nottingham.ac.uk
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 10:08:32 +0000

Hello all,

CAN being 'The Calculator-Aware Number Curriculum', an important part of UK
maths education history and once a source of much debate. Janet Duffin was
the CAN Evaluator. Janet is well but has retired. Janet had 29 spare copies
(14 are hard bound books and 15 are soft bound A4 booklets but the content
is vitually identical - the book has an additional last chapter 'Two Years
On' and an index) of her reports on CAN (1987-1989) and of the CAN
Continuation project(1990-1992). They are available for your library,
through me, if you pay the postage.=20

Second class postage and packaging is =A31.26 for the A4 booklet and =A31.74
for the book. I don't want to make money on this so anyone in the UK, just
send a cheque for =A31.50 payable to 'The University of Leeds'. If you live
out of the UK, then add what you think is needed to cover postage costs. A
sticky label with your address on would be appreciated. My address is: John
Monaghan
Centre for Studies in Science and Mathematics Education, University of=
 Leeds,
Leeds LS2 9JT, UK.

I'll deal with these on a first-come-first-serve basis (snail mail only).
I'll send the books out first and then the booklets.

Best wishes,

John