[Maths-Education] Zimbabwean maths teachers

S.J.Johnston-Wilder maths-education@nottingham.ac.uk
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 21:51:58 -0000

Following our Day Conference about the shortage of teachers of mathematics I
have received an email from Redspot Education in Ilford who have recruited
15 Zimbabwean mathematics teachers who wish to teach in the UK.

Does anyone know of this organisation?
Does anyone know of schools I could suggest which might want maths teachers
and where they might be well supported?
Experience of colleagues from South Africa suggests that such teachers are
often badly treated in their first placement.

Can 15 maths teachers volunteer to go and teach in Zimbabwe in return?
Or maybe they are on their way to New York (TES 3rd January)

Best wishes,

Sue JW

Centre for Mathematics Education
The Open University