[Maths-Education] on childrens' conceptions of infinity

Jo Towers maths-education@nottingham.ac.uk
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 09:31:27 -0600

With regard to your request for reports on children's conceptions of infinity, Dr. Ann Anderson and I published a paper in 1998
that makes some reference to that area, though much of the paper focuses on other challenging concepts. The full reference is
below. Please note that you may encounter a few errors in the text. Due to an error at the printers, the version of the paper
that found its way into print in Early Child Development and Care was not our final version.

Towers, Jo & Anderson, Ann (1998). "The wall that stops the outside coming in": Exploring infinity and other "difficult"
concepts with a preschooler. Early Child Development and Care, 145, 17-29.

If you are unable to locate the paper please let me know and I'd be happy to forward a copy to you.
Jo Towers