[Maths-Education] Virus

maths-education@nottingham.ac.uk maths-education@nottingham.ac.uk
Wed, 09 Jan 2002 17:53:29 -0000

This virus alert is a hoax.  The file sulfnbk is in fact a windows file =
(apparently that is needed for reading long file names).  Many of us =
deleted the file having received the virus alert and have since had to =
restore the file (which is easy to do).  Instructions for doing this are on =

the microsoft website.

Barbara

--On 09 January 2002 18:36 +0100 nextily <nextily@yahoo.it> wrote:

> ********************************** This message has been generated
> through the Mathematics Education email discussion list. Hitting the
> REPLY key sends a message to all list members.
> ********************************** Hi, everybody,
> I received the alert below about the virus SULFNBK.EXE ( Mon, 7 Jan 2002
> ). I checked my hard disk and I found that virus.
> Immediately I deleted it, but all the addresses on my Outlook are in
> danger. So, check your hard disk, please.
> Rita, from Italy.

HACIENDO
>> > Y TOMAROS 10 SEGUNDOS PARA BORRARLO.
>> >
>> > 1. Ir a INICIO y despues BUSCAR -->> ARCHIVO O CARPETA
>> > 2. Escribid SULFNBK.EXE - este es el virus.
>> > 3. Aseguraros que realiz=C3=A1is la b=C3=BAsqueda en el disco C
>> > 4. Presionad el bot=C3=B3n de BUSCAR
>> > 5. Si aparece el fichero (un icono negro y feo) NO LO ABRAIS.
>> > 6. Click con el bot=C3=B3n derecho del rat=C3=B3n... y bajar hasta =
ELIMINAR.
>> > 7. Os preguntar=C3=A1 si lo quer=C3=A9is enviar a la Papelera de =
Reciclaje -