[Maths-Education] Position for a Maths Ed PhD in New Zealand

Bill Barton maths-education@nottingham.ac.uk
Fri, 01 Feb 2002 09:22:00 +0000

Dear Friends,
Can you promulgate the news that we in the MEU (Mathematics Education
Unit) are looking for a new lecturer? The MEU is in the Mathematics
Department, and we all teach a little undergraduate mathematics and
graduate mathematics education. We are not involved in pre-service
teacher education, and our main focus is in the secondary/tertiary
areas. The MEU is a large group of mathematics education researchers.
.
We are looking for a person with a mathematics degree and a PhD in
mathematics education. They may be someone younger who has just
finished a PhD. Is there anyone that you know who would like to
emigrate to, or work temporarily in, New Zealand? We're looking at a
non-tenurable position for up to 3 years but can discuss other
options including a tenurable position.

We would prefer someone with research interests in common with the MEU.
There are four of us leading different research groups: Bill Barton,
Maxine Pfannkuch, Ivan Reilly, and Mike Thomas. For more information
about research interests and the mathematics department see:

http://www.math.auckland.ac.nz/deptdb/staff_list_academic.php

Get them to get in touch with me. We want to fill this position soon.
Best Regards
Bill
Bill Barton
Mathematics Education Unit            Phone  ++64 (New Zealand)
Dept. Mathematics                           Work:  (0)9 373 7999 Extn 8779
The University of Auckland               Home:  (0)9 372 6964
P.B. 92 019, Auckland                      Fax:   (0)9 373 7457
New Zealand                                   Email: b.barton@auckland.ac.nz

The MEU is hosting MERGA 25, 7-10 July, 2002

http://www.math.auckland.ac.nz/MERGA25/