[Maths-Education] Fwd: Re:Why is reciprocal called 'reciprocal'?

Declan O'Reilly maths-education@nottingham.ac.uk
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 14:34:53 +0000

Hi Folks,
         Regarding the recent correspondence, I thought the following web
site suggested by Tanya, one of my PGCE students, might be of interest.

Happy Christmas and a peaceful New Year

Declan

>Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 00:26:26 +0000
>From: ~tanya~ <edp02tp@sheffield.ac.uk>
>To: "Declan O'Reilly" <d.oreilly@sheffield.ac.uk>
>Subject: Re:Why is reciprocal called 'reciprocal'?
>
>This 'reciprocal' thing has been bugging me. Try looking at
>
>http://members.aol.com/jeff570/r.html
>
>for the earliest use of the word - apparently a translation of Euclid.
>
>tanya

Dr. Declan O'Reilly,
School of Education,
University of Sheffield,