[Maths-Education] Dyscalculia

Margaret Brown maths-education@nottingham.ac.uk
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 16:11:15 +0100

I'd be very interested to know more about this dyscalculia initiative and
its source . Meanwhile BEAM <www.beam.co.uk> have recently (2002) published
a file of diagnostic material and a diagnostic framework with sufficent
material for a teacher and 6 children (Diagnostic Interviews in Number
Sense: one-to-one assessments mapping children's understanding of number,
by Hazel Denvir and Tamara Bibby) that might be useful.
Margaret Brown

>I have had two parents enquiring about the testing for dyscalculia which is
>suppose to be happening in schools from September.  One of the parents
>showed me an article from the Daily Mail announcing this.
>
>Does anybody know anything about this, or do you know of any good testing
>or remediation resources or reading material which could help me to help
>these parents and their children.
>
>Thank you
>Trish Pomroy

Department of Education and Professional Studies
King's College London
Franklin-Wilkins Building
150 Stamford Street
London SE1 9NN
United Kingdom
Tel no:+44 (0)20 7848 3088
Fax no:+44 (0)20 7848 3182
The entrance to the School of Education is on Waterloo Road.
A map of the locality is available at:
http://www.kcl.ac.uk/about/maa/sc.html

For more information about Education at King's see
http://www.kcl.ac.uk/depsta/education