[Maths-Education] Call for submissions for PoME Jnl 16 (2002)

PErnest maths-education@nottingham.ac.uk
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 10:43:49 +0100

Dear Colleagues

I look forward to your submissions.

Best wishes

Paul

Call for submissions for PHILOSOPHY OF MATHEMATICS EDUCATION JOURNAL 16 (2002)

I will be putting together PHILOSOPHY OF MATHEMATICS EDUCATION JOURNAL no. 16
(2002) in June aimimg to web publish in July (if I'm lucky!). Please send me
any submissions by June. I'm on sick leave at the moment writing my next book
so please only respnd if submitting article!

Aim of the Journal

The aim of this journal is to foster awareness of philosophical aspects of
mathematics education and mathematics, understood broadly to include most
kinds of theoretical reflection; to freely disseminate new thinking  in these
areas to interested persons; to encourage informal   communication, dialogue
and international co-operation  between teachers, scholars and others engaged
in such research and reflections.

Editorial policy.

In keeping with the aims of the journal the editorial hand is used very
lightly. This is an international unrefereed journal which aims to stimulate
the sharing of ideas for no other reason than an interest in the ideas and
love of discussion among its contributors and readers. If a contribution has
some relevance to the broad areas of  interest concerned, and contains some
features of value it will be included; and these criteria are used very
liberally.

I actually accept any good stuff in maths ed for inclusion, even if not
conventionally philosophical.

Please send any items for inclusion to me in June including an electronic copy
on disc or E-mail. Word for Windows versions 6, 95, 97 preferred. Most items
are welcome including papers, short contributions, letters, theses and
dissertations, discussions, provocations, reactions,   half-baked ideas,
notices of relevant research groups,  conferences or publications, reviews of
books and papers, or  even books or papers for review. Diagrams, figures and
other  inserted items are not always easy to accommodate and can use up a
great deal of web space, so please use these economically in submissions.

Copyright Notice.

All materials published herein remain copyright of the named author.
Permission is given to freely copy the journal's contents on a not-for-profit
basis, provided any reproduction preserves the integrity of each article as a
whole, apart from extracted quotes, and full credit is given to the author and
the journal in each case.

To look at past issues see: http://www.ex.ac.uk/~PErnest/