: [Maths-Education] language and probability

Richard Barwell Richard.Barwell@bristol.ac.uk
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 15:00:10 +0100

| I am a research student at the University of Leeds and I am looking for
| information on learning probability through an additional language. Can
| anyone help? I will be extremely grateful.
|
| Mercy Kazima
| University of Leeds

Mercy,

Most research in learning mathematics through an additional language
seems to focus on word problems. I haven't come across anything
relating to probability in this way. I would be surprised and delighted
if anyone else knows of anything.

If you contact me directly we could discuss what research there is in
more detail.

Richard Barwell.
richard.barwell@bris.ac.uk

Richard Barwell