[Maths-Education] Call for submissions for PHILOSOPHY OF MATHEMATICS EDUCATION JOURNAL 15 (2002)

Paul Ernest P.Ernest@exeter.ac.uk
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 19:11:45 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

I will be putting together PHILOSOPHY OF MATHEMATICS
EDUCATION JOURNAL no. 15 (2002) in January aimimg to web
publish in February (if I'm lucky!). Please send me any
submissions in January, not now. I'm on sabbatical at the
moment writing my next book "The semiotics of mathematics
education". Still working on chapter 2!

Aim of the Journal

The aim of this journal is to foster awareness of
philosophical aspects of mathematics education and
mathematics, understood broadly to include most kinds of
theoretical reflection; to freely disseminate new thinking
in these areas to interested persons; to encourage informal
communication, dialogue and international co-operation
between teachers, scholars and others engaged in such
research and reflections.

Editorial policy.

In keeping with the aims of the journal the editorial hand
is used very lightly.  This is an international unrefereed
journal which aims to stimulate the sharing of ideas for no
other reason than an interest in the ideas and love of
discussion among its contributors and readers.  If a
contribution has some relevance to the broad areas of
interest concerned, and contains some features of value it
will be included; and these criteria are used very
liberally.

I actually accept any good stuff in maths ed for inclusion,
even if not conventionally philosophical.

Please send any items for inclusion to me in January
including an electronic copy on disc or E-mail.  Word for
Windows versions 6, 95, 97 preferred. Most items are welcome
including papers, short contributions, letters, theses and
dissertations, discussions, provocations, reactions,
half-baked ideas, notices of relevant research groups,
conferences or publications, reviews of books and papers, or
even books or papers for review. Diagrams, figures and other
inserted items are not always easy to accommodate and can
use up a great deal of web space, so please use these
economically in submissions.

Copyright Notice.

All materials published herein remain copyright of the
named author. Permission is given to freely copy the
journal's contents on a not-for-profit basis, provided any
reproduction preserves the integrity of each article as a
whole, apart from extracted quotes, and full credit is
given to the author and the journal in each case.

To look at past issues see: http://www.ex.ac.uk/~PErnest/

Paul
Professor Paul Ernest    Phone: +44-1392-264857
University of Exeter     Secretary: +44-1392-264877
School of Education & LL Fax: +44-1392-264736
Heavitree Road           Email: p.ernest@ex.ac.uk
Exeter  EX1 2LU, UK      Web: http://www.ex.ac.uk/~PErnest/