[Maths-Education] BCME5 linguistics discussion group

Richard Barwell Richard.Barwell@bristol.ac.uk
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 15:43:16 +0000

If you met an applied linguistic, what would you discuss?

I am hoping to propose a discussion group for BCME5 at Keele next July
looking at linguistics in mathematics education. THe plan is to invite
some applied linguists to the meeting for a mutually enriching and
productive discussion on language related research and practice in
mathematics education.

I am working on the idea with Constant Leung (Kings College London) and
we feel that the group would be most productive and most likely to
interest applied linguists if we discussed 2 or 3 fairly focussed
questions or issues. These could relate to structure or interaction,
discourse, grammar, vocabulary...

So, any suggestions?

Richard Barwell
richard.barwell@bris.ac.uk