[Maths-Education] Money counts..or money talks?

John Gillespie John.Gillespie@nottingham.ac.uk
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 12:33:19 +0000

I was interested in your email as I too think that the equity issues of
money in the world are little known in schools and elsewhere but very
important to include.

I would like to help in some way.

4 probably well knowm starters
- 	No doubt you saw the recent ATM maths teaching 172article - by
jonathan Makernan - Not for the classroom
-	There are development education centres around the country - we
have one here in Nottingham called MUNDI - they could help
-	Am I right that the New Internationalist still has centre spreads
which are very useful sources of data.
-	The voluntary sector aid agencies like OXFAM, Cafod, Christian Aid
etc also have statistics. In addition they have young person centred People
maths type activities for youth groups etc which are effective.

John

John Gillespie
School of Education,
University of Nottingham,