[Maths-Education] Education standards in England

kh112 K.Higginson@bton.ac.uk
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 10:47:12 -0000

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C06428.E29BBAA0

I am currently studying a module in comparing European Education =
Systems, and would like to find any qualified information on whether =
SATs has a positive or negative effect on overall standards.

In my recent reading I have found that Denmark is rated with the level =
of standards as England at KS3, but as they start two years later than =
us, either we are learning slower or the SATs have a negative effect of =
lowering standards.

If any one can comment or suggest further reading, I would be very =
grateful.

Thanks

Kevin Higginson
Yr 2 BA student @ University of Brighton =20

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C06428.E29BBAA0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I am currently studying a module in =
comparing=20
European Education Systems, and would like to find any qualified =
information on=20
whether SATs has a positive or negative effect on=20
overall&nbsp;standards.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>In my recent reading I have found =
that&nbsp;Denmark=20
is rated with the level of standards as England at KS3, but as they =
start two=20
years later than us,&nbsp;either we are learning slower or the SATs have =
a=20
negative effect of lowering standards.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>If any one can comment or suggest =
further reading,=20
I would be very grateful.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Kevin Higginson</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Yr 2 BA student @ University of=20
Brighton</FONT>&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C06428.E29BBAA0--