[Maths-Education] Fallout

Doug French d.w.french@pdt.hull.ac.uk
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 16:54:48 +0000

PGCE student numbers

I started the year with 16 students, including 7 in the second year of the
two year course. I have lost one so far.

I share the concern about the financial position of students in the first
year of a two year course. I have 9 students in the first year. It is worth
noting how large a proportion of our total these two year students these are.

Over the last 12 years our 'output' figures have been very variable, but
prior to last year they were nearly always close to or significantly above
20. We are a small department in a rather isolated part of the country, and
so possibly not typical, but it would be interesting to know how this
compares with elsewhere.

Mr.D.W.French
Centre for Educational Studies
University of Hull