[Maths-Education] Patterns of teacher interaction in secondary maths classrooms?

Mark S. BOYLAN(EDS) M.S.Boylan@shu.ac.uk
Fri, 01 Dec 2000 12:59:15 +0000

Does anyone know of any references for research that might help to give an
overall picture of patterns of teacher interaction in secondary maths
classrooms in the UK?

I am thinking here of something similar to Galton et al 1999 'Changes in
Patterns of interaction in Primary Classrooms' in British Educational
Research Journal Vol 25, No 1,p23-35

Is there anything similar for secondary classrooms.

And if not shouldn't there be?

Also does anyone know if there has been any data collected on secondary
mathematics schemes/text book scales over that time?

Given that I am pessimistic about such information existing, I would also
be interested to know how other people would describe the changes (if any)
over the last 20 years in teaching and learning styles.

Cheers